tisdag, februari 21, 2006

"Je T'adore" with Kate Ryan

About this time last year I heard what was supposed to become the Greek entry in Eurovision Song Contest – Elena’s "My Number One" – and I immediately thought it might be a winner…and after seeing the video EVERYWHERE for about a month before it was even decided that Sweden would send that awful song with the Ken-doll…
…well… I guess it might happen again now.
This weekend it was decided that Belgium will send Kate Ryan (she might, by the way, be the only Belgian artist I know of) to ESC, and the video is out now.

OK.
She’s not Elena, but in ESC her two international (cover)hits makes her a HUGE star and success.
The song is more like something Sweden (it's actually written by two Swedes, so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise) would send with (let’s say) Fame-Jessica and sounds more like Texas (the pop group – not the U.S State) than Ryan’s previous Mylène-covers…but it works.
Just add a nice stage show, and the Belgians might have a top 10 thing going on.

Now I just have to find Fabrizio Faniello’s song from Malta which is supposed to sound "very, very Swedish"…

Keep readin’.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Je T'adore" with Kate Ryan

Inga kommentarer: