tisdag, september 13, 2005

"Call Me" with Spagna

I miss phones.
Not that I don’t have one.
I do. I actually have several.
I am a notorious speaker in my mobile-phone…
…and I spend a lot of time talking into my Cisco IP Phone (like the one they have in "24") at work.
But what I miss is talking into my regular, basic, standard, call-it-what-you-want phone at home.

When I was a teenager I could spend my days at school with my best friend Daniel, and then go home and speak with the same Daniel for hours by the phone.
When I went to the university I bought a extended phone cord, since I talked so much with my friend, that I needed to be able to move around while talking to get the basic things done (this was the golden years before the wireless phones attacked the home of every man).

Then something happened.
I got internet.
And I guess this is where the downfall begun since the first years of internet you had to disconnect your phone to be able to connect your modem…
…’cause people stopped calling each other more and more (and mental note: I’m not talking mobile phones here…that’s obviously an increase of large proportions) just to chat or say hello.

Nowadays no one calls - I get e-mails from my friends.
The first thing I do after nine hours at the office is to go home, start my computer, connect to MSN and log into QX - and put my self in front of another computer screen.
Otherwise no one will contact me (of course there are exceptions from the rule, but that is basically it.)

"If you’re not on-line, I think you have other things to do"

Ironically, now a days it is practically free to use the phone in the evenings.
..and yesterday "Skype" (a way to call your friends with your computer) was sold to eBay for $30.000.000.000…

I guess it’s hard to see a trend where people starts to call my regular, basic, standard, call-it-what-you-want phone at home again…

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Call Me" with Spagna

Inga kommentarer: