onsdag, september 21, 2005

"Domino Dancing" with West End Girls

Today it's an extra "Flip or Flop" in our room here at work since we have a visiting guest-voice; Fredrik - a former member (and founder) of our little room-community. As you know by now the "Flip or Flop" is a little game to find out if we think a new single will be a hit (Flip) or not (Flop). The single to be put to test this week is "Domino Dancing" with West End Girls.

D-man: Flop

"Gum-chewing west end baby girls aren't supposed to whine to the tunes of Pet Shop Boys ever. I say the original is better, even though it isn't that much to my liking either. Neither is Pet Shop Boys. Nor would I prefer any of the west end girls as a pet."

E-man: Flop
"Sorry to be the ever-sceptical one, but what the F***?! Pointless crappy cover with nothing added, but quite a bit subtracted as far as creative content goes. It might actually get some airtime, but since no one will notice it playing, I don't think that counts. Down the friggin-froggin-frackin drain!"

K-man: Flop
"First A*Teens...and now the PSB*Teens? I love ABBA and liked the A*Teens, since they brought ABBA back and updated their sound. I love Pet Shop Boys and I...loath this. There just no raison d´être for this cover. It doesn't ad a thing to the song (which, I must confess, I don't hold as one of my favourite PSB songs), the production is dull as hell...and by the way; the Pet Shop Boys are still alive and kicking and don't need a cover band outside cheap gay bars...if even there...maybe best to keep it as karaoke. Just ignore this one, please."

...and the guest-voice of the week:

F-man: Flop
"I really think it's a sin to destroy a good son like this. This cover does not bring anything new to the world - it is just a bad copy. The West End Girls are jus being boring."

So now you know!
It's clearly a Flop.
I just hope everyone out there gets that now...


Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Domino Dancing" with West End Girls

Inga kommentarer: