torsdag, september 15, 2005

"Unga Pojkar & Äldre Män" with Lena Philipsson

Time for the second "Flip or Flop" in our room here at work.

The "Flip or Flop" is a little game to find out if we think a new single will be a hit (Flip) or not (Flop). The single to be put to test this week is "Unga Pojkar & Äldre Män" with Lena Philipsson.

David: Flip

“I say FLIP. Really. A bit curious 'bout that part where she claims to have "tried" young boys though. What did she do to them? I mean, seriously. Will they grow up retarded? Couldn't she at least have gone for young men? Younger than that and it's illegal.”

Erik: Flop
“I think the song is basically good. However, I expect throughout the song for it to take off and give me more action. It never does, which in my book makes it weak and nondescript. I don't even think it's going to get more airtime than the usual "New song from famous artist" serving. Flop it is.”

Ken: Flip
“I really hated this the first time I heard it...or rather; I was hugely disappointed. Arabic influenced comp feels so Sertab 2003, the production feels thin and low-budget, and the song never really takes off. But anyhow...there's something - maybe just that it's Lena - that I like and that gets stuck after listening to it 3-4 times. It's far from "Det Gör Ont", it's even not a new "Delirium...and I still can't figure out how two icons of the eighties misses the opportunity to do something beautifully retro when it's high fashion...but even so...I say it's a flip....for me. But I don't think she will dominate any charts or radio channels.”

So now you know!
It's another Flip with a reservation.

Like Robbie last week.
"Aftonbladet" thoghut about the same by the way - look here.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Unga Pojkar & Äldre Män" with Lena Philipsson