torsdag, april 06, 2006

"Barbie Girl" with The Axel Boys Quartet

When I came home to my flat yesterday I found an envelope on my doormat. It’s not that unusual, but the envelopes showing up on my doormat since I moved to Stockholm is normally not for me but for the girl I rent the flat from… But this time it was for me!
…and it was also a very funny surprise (almost…since I got a phone call the night before asking for my new address…)!

It was the strange, blue CD with covers J bought at Urban Outfitters in London, called "Paris Derniere Vol 1", with cocktail classics like the Arabic version of "Shaft", a carnivalish version of "There Must Be an Angel", some funky Beatle’s covers in latino-style, Leningrad Cowboy’s version of "Happy Together", a completely weird version of "Can’t Take My Eyes Off You" complete with a children’s choir, a deep, base version of "Joe le Taxi", and – my favorite - The Axel Boys Quartet’s version of Aqua’s "Barbie Girl".

Now I guess I’m also prepared to play soft cocktail music at a Friday’s pub at "Haket" as Cattis always ask me…

Keep readin'.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Barbie Girl" with The Axel Boys Quartet

Inga kommentarer: