onsdag, april 19, 2006

"Live Forever" with Oasis

One of the questions today is if this blog shall be put to its death when I’ve written in it for a year – or if it will continue to live forever.
The Swedish blog takes all my blog-time, we all know I’m definitely a better writer in Swedish than in English, and it’s getting hard to find anything relevant to write everyday and at the same time connect it to a song in a way that isn’t strained…
…at the same time I love the concept with this blog, and the challenge in both the writing and the "find a fitting tune".
I really don’t know. But I won’t decide until the one year anniversary the 7th of June.

I also have to say that I since the first of January this year have had some sort of loophole that I haven’t used at all, actually. It is an iPod calendar (which I kindly received from two colleagues with knowledge of this blog, after our company-trip to N.Y.C last October), which also presents one new song everyday – a song you (of course) also might buy at iTunes if you want to. And today, for the first time, that song coincidence with my song of the day!
This is how my calendar presents the song:

Noel Gallagher wrote his band’s first major hit after listening to The Rolling Stones’ album "Exile on Main Street" – the melody of the first line of "Live Forever" corresponds very closely to the beginning of the chorus of "Shining a Light" (Gallegher is the first to point it out"). A British journalist Jon Savage has noted, Oasis’s early records stand out for their good-heartedness; this moving tribute to endurance was written for Gallagher’s mother. It entered the U.K. pop charts at No. 10 and made Oasis the biggest English rock band of its day.

Fabulous present that calender. I have to use it more often. If I carry on with this blog, that is.

Keep readin'.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Live Forever" with Oasis

Inga kommentarer: