torsdag, december 01, 2005

"13" with Håkan Hellström

Håkan Hellström.
His new single “13”.
Flip or Flop?
Let’s find out!

D-man: Flop
Mix mashed potatoes with sausage and you'll get close to this (figure you're accustomed to have the mashed potatoes as a side order, but nevertheless indulge in this pile of edibles and find out that it all tastes the same in the mouth, side order or not). I bet this tune will be played a lot on the radio, but never on my newly bought Tivoli PAL (it's blue and, next to my extremely sharp knifes, king of the kitchen thingies). I'm not a big fan of Mr HH.

E-man: Flop
Nope, won't fly with me. He needs to reinvent himself a bit. I liked this when he first did it, but he's just doing it over and over (stop grinning, I'm not talking about sex). I need something fresher, especially today. That's a flop from me.

K-man: Flop
I contrary to most opinions, I have no trouble at all with Hellströms voice. I find it honest, cool and maybe a bit naive, and if you’ve ever been to one of his concerts you’ll find it impossible to not like this man. But I guess even I have a sort of limit... 'Cause this isn’t good. It’s boring. The lyrics are ridiculous. And I know this is a track from his forthcoming album "Nåt gammalt, nåt nytt, nåt lånat, nåt blått" (which consists of material that’s been left behind from previous recording) and rumour says it’s a spontaneously translated cover... Well, I don’t care actually. As a single this is a mile from "Känn ingen sorg för mig Göteborg" and possible a light year from "Ramlar" and "Kom igen Lena". I think Håkan needs his upcoming parental leave more than his unborn child...


Sorry Håkan. It's a huge flop.
But suite yourself.
Try to release something that’s actually good next time.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "13" with Håkan Hellström

Inga kommentarer: