fredag, december 16, 2005

"The Maker Makes" with Rufus Wainwright

I’m completely captivated by the soundtrack to the "Brokeback Mountan"-movie. I would never have thought that I would spend a week just listening to Country-music… But hey, I guess I still can surprise myself. The two best songs (oh, how I adore Rufus Wainwright by the way….this songs feels like this years best Christmas song, without being a X-mas song) are new on this week’s chart. "The Wings" is the first instrumental song to hit the chart, and it’s the movie’s main theme by the composer Gustavo Santaolalla.
The other album I discovered recently are Franz Ferdinands "You Could have It So Much Better with Franz Ferdinand". Clearly one of the top 10 albums this year….and I understand that now? Their new single takes the top spot, anyway.
Coldplay and Lene keeps climbing…it’s the sad songs that dominates in time of stress and rumbling thoughts, I guess.
Madonna’s "Hung Up" spends it tenth week on the chart! If that’s not the single of the year (soon my "Best of the Year"-blogs will dominate my Swedish blog) I will eat my….*something disgusting to eat*.


This Week/Last Week/Peak/Weeks on Chart/Artist - Song

01/02/01/03/Franz Ferdinand - Walk Away
02/NE/02/01/Rufus Wainwright - The Maker Makes
03
/06/03/02/Coldplay - Talk
04
/05/04/04/Lene Marlin - Leave My Mind
05/01/01/03/Nouveau Riche - Oh Lord
06
/04/01/06/Madonna - Let It Will Be
07/NE/07/01/Gustavo Santaolalla - The Wings
08/07/01/10/Madonna - Hung Up
09
/08/05/04/Girls Aloud - Biology
10
/10/03/04/Tiga - You Gonna Want Me

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "The Maker Makes" with Rufus Wainwright

Inga kommentarer: