onsdag, december 07, 2005

"Can-o-Corn" with Coolio

Yesterday was a busy day, and when I got home I hade to make some food. The plan was to wok some grained meat with some Thai-spices, and add some onion, mushrooms, beans, and corn. So far so good.
When I got ready to add the corn I looked at the best before date at the one can I was ready to use it said: 05-01-01.
That’s a while ago of course...
But the thing is that I really don’t have a gut feeling for corn expiring dates like I have for example with milk (one day over the time it is bye-bye) so I opened it and tasted it and it was totally okay.
After eating my meal I started to wonder for how long that corn had been in that can.
Not that it had any greater value than mending my curiosity, but anyway, I searched in my larder and found a can I bought some weeks ago...and the best before date said: 08-11-01.
That’s about three years from the date I bought it I guess...which would mean I had just eaten corn from 2002!

It also means that the last time these yellow corns saw the light of day the Twin Towers had recently fallen, there wars in Afghanistan or Iraq hadn’t begun, Astrid Lindgren and the old pope was still alive, Star Wars: Attack of the Clone hadn’t been released (and people were still hoping that Episode I were just a one time mistake) and George Bush would soon choke on a pretzel...

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Can-o-Corn" with Coolio

Inga kommentarer: