fredag, december 23, 2005

"One" with Mary J Blige feat. U2

As I wrote in the Flip/Flop this week – in UK the most important song of the year is the one that’s number one on the charts at Christmas…
I don’t know if that’s the case with my chart (since this is its first Christmas), but I do know it’s a wonderful song – actually one of my favourites – that has got a new life in this new version, and it is an excellent song to listen to at Christmas.
Go Mary! Go U2! (The band who has dominated this blog its first year.)
The second newcomer is Amy Diamond…and artist who I earlier despised (I can’t stand singing children), but whose latest hit has grown and grown on me…and now it’s on the chart.
The third one is the best song from the latest Girls Aloud album (the girls actually leaving the chart with another song), a song you really can’t resist when Cheryl shouts out "Daaaarling, we’re in fashion, don’t you know!?" in a very British AbFab kinda’ way somewhere in the beginning. As gay as it gets…and as good as Girls Aloud gets (I actually think that it was this single phrase that made the magazine Attitude give their album a five star rating….)
Madonna is still going strong on my chart, by the way.

Tomorrow it’s Christmas Eve – be nice children!

01/NE/01/01/Mary J Blige feat. U2 - One
02/02/02/02/Rufus Wainwright - The Maker Makes
03/NE/03/01/Amy Diamond - Shooting Star
04/01/01/04/Franz Ferdinand - Walk Away
05/NE/04/01/Girls Aloud - Models
06/07/06/02/Gustavo Santaolalla - The Wings
07/
05/01/04/Nouveau Riche - Oh Lord
08
/03/03/03/Coldplay - Talk

09/08/01/11/Madonna - Hung Up
10/06/01/07/Madonna - Let It Will Be

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "One" with Mary J Blige feat. U2

Inga kommentarer: