måndag, januari 09, 2006

"First Day of My Life" with Melanie C

First day in Stockholm; a summary of impressions:

* X2000 is a very good way to travel (if there are no delays I guess), comfortable, fast, and with wireless internet connections at every seat
* It was very nice to meet S and P again, and the whole bunch at my new work place seemed nice. No computer and no internet makes it feel like stone age, though.
* It’s cold here. Very cold.
* The hotel is great. My room has a nice double bed, a (extremely ugly) group of furniture ranging from a sofa to "something with a mirror attached", a TV with SVT1, SVT2, TV4 and some strange channels no one watches (where’s TV3 and Channel 5??), a big balcony (!) with a view of the Church of Gustav Vasa (a very CLOSE view…it’s right across the street), unfortunately not any wireless internet (I had to discover the joy of public web-surfing at 7Eleven) – but in addition an extraordinary breakfast buffet.
* When I said goodbye to P (we took the same tube from work) I feel more alone than ever before, and when F and J called an hour later they (once again) become my greatest heroes.

Keep readin’.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "First Day of My Life" with Melanie C

Inga kommentarer: