onsdag, januari 11, 2006

"Teardrop" with Massive Attack

Two TV-series, both taking place in a hospital (one in Seattle and one outside NYC), have been my best friends this week at the lonely evenings at my hotel-room (I know…now I sound like I’m completely alone somewhere in Siberia for several months again… But it really is quite a change to live without internet, TV-channels (almost) and my gang of friends which I’m used to from home, all of a sudden); the TV-shows are "House" (season 2) and "Grey’s Anatomy" (season 2). Two very, very different versions of hospital TV.
In "House" the diseases are the centre of the show, and the (colorful I admit) characters relationships are secondary, when in "Grey’s Anatomy" there are hardly any room for sicknesses since we have to find out how everyone is in love with everyone or newly separated from each other…
Still; they’re both good shows and here’s some comparison:

Best Main Character: "House", Dr House (though he’s been TOO grumpy in season 2 if I where to decide) is totally superior to Meredith Grey who I think is too quirky and "Ally McBealy" for my taste.

Best Supporting Characters: "Grey’s Anatomy", even if the team in "House" is very likeable (and MAN are they competent!) the characters surrounding Dr Grey are wittier, funnier and has the greatest lines. "The Nazi" is one of TV’s best played and written characters right now.

Best Diseases: "House", of course, since they are practically unknown, very exciting (the episodes are sometimes more exciting than "CSI", when it comes to finding out "Who’s dunnit?") and always very, very dangerous. OK, people at Dr Grey’s hospital may die from the worlds largest tumor or the male might have wombs sometimes…but the patients really are there just as a beautiful backdrop for all the love affairs.

Most Good Looking Male: Hmmm… I don’t think there are any true hunks in any of the shows…but at least not in "House". I guess "Dr Dreamy" (Patrik Dempsy’s comeback) and "Alex" in "Grey’s Anatomy" wins this category by far.

Best Main Theme and Titles: "House" by far. Massive Attack crushes that annoying blip/blop-theme and "try to be sexy and smart"-titles of "Grey’s Anatomy".

OK. 3-2 to "House" then. Quite expected as I choose it as 2005’s best TV some week’s ago. But "Grey’s Anatomy" might be my biggest addiction right now…so it doesn’t feel completely comfortable.
You should certainly watch both if you like TV!

Keep readin’.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Teardrop" with Massive Attack

Inga kommentarer: