måndag, januari 16, 2006

"Like a Virgin" with Madonna

Some songs you just don’t want to use right away here in the blog...you want to wait for the exactly right time. It can be a son like U2’s "New Years Day" which had been an alternative to use during my U2 Week last summer – but I saved it for (surprise!) New Years day, since I knew it would be perfect. Other examples could be for instance "I Don’t Sleep Well" with Hello Saferide which I safe for some day where I’ve had a really bad night (as I unfortunately have quite often now a days).

With that said, I can honestly say that I didn’t have to think twice about using the song of today right away. I’m as certain as you can be that there won’t be any perfect time to use it...

On my way home from work/gym/FF, "Like a Virgin" with Madonna came on the iPod. Though a bit overplayed during my life, it still works, actually…and it always make me think of a lot of stuff:

* The scene in Moulin Rouge when Jim Broadbent’s Harold Zidler sings a remarkable version of the song (with some very gay dancers) to make Richard Roxburgh’s Duke think Satine’s absents is just due to her being afraid and feeling like a virgin (while she in reality has passed out)
* The sort of country-ish version with Lars Vegas Trio with its festive: “Like a Virgin…TJO!!”
* The actual video with Madonna and a lion in Vienna
* The opening scene in Reservoir dogs where Tarantino’s Mr Brown explains that the song is actually about a girl dating a man with a very, very huge dick:
Mr. Brown: O.K., let me tell you what Like a Virgin's about. It's all about this cooze who's a regular fuck machine; I'm talking morning, day, night, afternoon, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick, dick.
Mr. Blue: How many dicks is that?
Mr. White: A lot.
Mr. Brown: Then one day she meets this John Holmes motherfucker and it's like, whoa baby, I mean this cat is like Charles Bronson in the Great Escape, he's digging tunnels. Now, she's gettin' the serious dick action and she's feeling something she ain't felt since forever. Pain. Pain. It hurts her. It shouldn't hurt her, you know her pussy should be Bubble Yum by now, but when this cat fucks her it hurts. It hurts just like it did the first time. You see the pain is reminding a fuck machine what it once was like to be a virgin. Hence, "Like a virgin."


Keep readin’.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Like a Virgin" with Madonna

Inga kommentarer: