onsdag, november 09, 2005

"B-L-O-S-S-A" from the Blossa Commercial

One of my favourite things about Christmas in Sweden is "Glögg".
Glögg is one of these things that you can’t translate to English, since it doesn’t exist anywhere else (as far as I know) than here in Sweden.
OK, there’s Glühwein…but that’s not exactly the same…
…and my dictionary, if you look up "Glögg", says "mulled and spiced wine" – which really is more of a recipe than a name isn’t it?

Anyway; I adore "Glögg", and I my favourite is the original "Blossa’s Wine Glögg"…but since three years back they (and by they I mean "Blossa" – the major "Glögg"-brand) also releases one special flavour every year (in a very nice looking bottle) called ’03 (spiced with Seville bitter orange), ’04 (spiced with winter apples) and so on.

Today ’05 arrived, flavoured with cloudberry & armangac, and I run to the Systembolaget after work and bought to bottles!

My judgement: It tastes just like "Glögg"….
Nothing more. Nothing less.
I really can’t tell what happened to those poor cloudberries…
…but the bottle is much more expensive than your average "Glögg", though ii contents taste the same.

I guess that’s what the call a typical case of the emperor’s new clothes.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today:
"B-L-O-S-S-A" from the Blossa Commercial

Inga kommentarer: