torsdag, november 17, 2005

"Ugly" with Sugababes

Too much work for it to be healthy, so let’s make this weeks Flip or Flop quick and easy.
The Sugabaes releases their second single from their “Taller in More Ways”-album, and it’s called “Ugly”.


D-man: Flip
Sounds just like Sugababes, perhaps it is? Reminds me of another very politically correct song from TLC (a girl freaks out at a surgery and rethinks her decision of enlarging da boobies). This is similar, with the theme that we're all the same, in a positive way. The radiomix is a flip, but perhaps not the remix I like the most out of the seven that exists. Not a rollercoaster when it comes to the arrangement, but nice easy listening in the office environment or anywhere else, for that matter.

E-man: Flip
Wut?! Me, a pop-hater? Naa, man, I dig! I just hate BAD pop! This is sweet. This is what I'm looking for. Not only is the music, the voices, and the feeling awesome, but the 'Babes also manage to exceed my expectations almost every single time I hear them. And that's impressive, given how much I like "Round Round".
I'll skip the detailed analysis, this is just friggin' honey down my spine.
A-flip-a-WHOOOOO!

K-man: Flop
It’s time to get ugly...literally. This is a nice song and I completely love and adore the Sugababes...but I’m gonna Flop this. Why? ‘Cause I want my Babes to be more disco&party. ‘Cause I think Dallas Austin already written this song (TLC’s "Unpretty") and I don’t understand why he had to write it again. ‘Cause (even if I know there has been a debate in England that the Babes aren’t good looking enough to be pop-stars) I think little girls who have seen Mutya, Keisha & Heidi in the "Push the Button" video will be more than a little confused by this girls singing that people are calling them ugly.

But it’s mainly for the disco-part. Release "Red Dress" as a single instantly and I will Flip you to mega-hit heaven, girls!

It’s a Flip...and even if it’s a 2/3 one, I think we all agreed on that it’s a good song and that it probably will give the Babes some fine new chart-experiences.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Ugly" with Sugababes

Inga kommentarer: