torsdag, november 10, 2005

"Jo-Anna Says" with Son of a Plumber

It’s Flip/Flop-day once again, and my intention of today where to scrutinize the new single from Per Gessle – who has stopped using his own name out of fright of not be able to follow up his major success with the "Mazarin"-album, and now calls himself "Son of a Plumber" (since *it’s a chocker* his father was a plumber!) – called "C’Mon"…
…but since it was impossible to buy this song in some other format than the crappy wma-format, we decided to Flip/Flop the "other A-side" (words taken from plumber’s son himself) on that single called "Jo-Anna Says

Boys! What do ya think?


D-man: Flop

This is Son of a Plumber (SP). SP also stands for Sodding Poop and Source of Pain. The most scary part of this whole thing is that I actually enjoy the song. If I didn't knew this was Per Gessle I guess I would have flipped it. If this was Robbie or Madonna, Pearl Jam, Led Zeppelins, Queen, or any other band I would probably, I say probably, flip this thingie. My left foot danced. But since I hear Gessle's voice I'm thrown into display and press the big red FLOP button.

E-man: Flop

Quite listenable as any half-assed Beatles copy is, but other than that quite a waste of ear-space. I expect it'll get played a lot since this entire country seems to enter a state of mass hysteria as soon as this guy even sneezes, but that doesn't give him any credit in my book at all. He sucks, and so does this song. Ahh, that felt gooooood...

K-man: Flop
At first I thought: "Hey! Let’s not be prejudice. Even if this is Gessle (and you are so tired of him that you could puke) give it a shot!"…and at first I actually like this; It’s so harmless, it’s a little bit (OK, understatement of the year) Paul McCartney; and it is very easy to sing-a-long with while working, driving, masturbating or whatever… But then I suddenly got a very painful "Wallflowers"-feelin' (you know these two Muppets from "Fame Factory" who started a "hey, we can sound like the Beatles"-band and participated in "Melodifestivalen"). And really…that’s not a good grade for one of the most popular and richest men in Swedish pop-history - whatever he chooses to call himself.

It was on its way to be a tiny, tiny Flip…both D-man and K-man liked initially (of course the E-man hated it from the start…it is a lot of pop-music hate in that little man)…but I guess it failed miserably at the end.

Bye, bye Plumber!

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Jo-Anna Says" with Son of a Plumber

Inga kommentarer: