fredag, november 04, 2005

"Vi Mot Världen" with Kent

OK, it is Friday and time for this week’s chart!
But to manage to do this in a good way we have to play a little mind-game:
We have to imagine that I haven’t jet heard the new Madonna-album...
‘Cause if I should list my ten most heard songs on my iPod right now...they would all come from "Confessions on a Dance Floor", and that would be quite a boring list...
Next week I might have cooled down a bit Madge-wise and then I might be able to place two or three songs – it feels like Utopia today - from the album on the list (like I did with Lena Ph last week), but for now the prerequisites are that I have only heard the single...nothing more.
So here’s the chart of the music I listen to this week – or at least what I listened to this Wednesday or something...

This Week/Last Week/Peak/Weeks on Chart/Artist - Song

01/01/01/04/Madonna - Hung Up
02/NE/02/01/September - Cry for You
03
/NE/03/01/Kent - Vi Mot Världen
04
/05/04/02/Lena Philipsson - Jag Sover Hellre Ensam
05
/NE/05/01/We're from Barcelona - I'm from Barcelona
06/09/06/02/Lena Philipsson - Det Ringer på Min Dörr
07/02/02/04/Sugababes - Red Dress
08/04/04/02/Lena Philipsson - Han Jobbar i Affär
09/03/03/04/Andy Bell (feaut. Jake Shears) - I Thought it was You
10/08/02/06/Depeche Mode - Suffer Well

Madonna is still on top, breaking her own record on this chart.
Septembers last single "Looking for Love", which turned out to be a huge flop in the Flip/Flop, has grown a lot the last weeks – but her next single (well, it must be!?) is even better. It’s good for real. An obvious number two.
Kent is one of my favourite bands ever, and new material from them is always a huge thing. Their new EP is very, very Kent, and "Vi Mot Världen" is the first track and the one I think is the best (possible in competition with "Ansgar&Evelyn" which just didn’t make into the chart...but if there had been a number eleven spot it certainly had parked itself there this week).
With Madonna sampling ABBA and paying the millions, Kent being the biggest band in Sweden, and September being more a product than an artist, it is nice to find a song from a guy who just wanted to make some music, gathered some friends, recorded a single, and released it on the internet. That’s the case with We're from Barcelona – new at number five – and it is already a minor hit on Swedish radio. Genuine!
The rest of the chart is still dominated by Miss Philipsson, and notably Gorillaz fall out from the chart after a record-breaking eight weeks (!). Welcome back boys!

Since there might be a possibility that we will need to Flip/Flop September’s tune if it is released as a single (we have to make it up for her...all three of us regrets flopping "Looking for Love"), I pick Kent as the song of the day.
The song is also almost the direct opposite to the Madonna-mood I’m into right now, and sometimes it might be necessary with something complete different!

Auf Wiedersehen!

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Vi Mot Världen" with Kent

Inga kommentarer: