fredag, oktober 14, 2005

"Hung Up" with Madonna

Friday! Next week by this time I'm supposed to be in NYC (keep your fingers crossed that my throat infection is completely gone by then...) so I guess the list will take a paus or just be a bit late. But this week it's here of course - and with a new song at the top spot!

Since a short snippet of this song leaked into the internet I've been dying to hear the complete song...and now the day have come!
Well, I've ordered in the Flip or Flop-jury for en extra session, and you can read the results after the list in this blog. Do I need to say more?

What can I say about number two? I love my Sugababes, I've listened to their album non-stop since I got it - and "Red Dress" is the best song on that album. Written by the same people who wrote their previous hit "Round Round", this is a fabulous tune with no less than two (!) choruses. Superb.
I flopped the bananas yesterday, but they managed to climb to stay at number three anyway. That's strong.
Andy Bell lost his long-time-on-the-chart-song "Crazy", but replaced it with two other songs from his supreme new album. The song with Jake Shears is certainly "a grower, not a shower". I didn't think much of it at first...but slowly it started to dominate my iPod and finally managed to get into the list.
Another record for the Gorillaz also! Six weeks on the list. That's a helluva hit!

This Week/Last Week/Peak/Weeks on Chart/
Artist - Song

01/NE/01/01/Madonna - Hung Up
02/NE/02/01/Sugababes - Red Dress
03/03/03/02/
Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Angel City Short Mix)
04/02/02/03/Depeche Mode - Suffer Well
05/NE/05/01/Andy Bell (feaut. Jake Shears) - I Thought it was You
06/01/01/02/Eurythmics - I've Got a Life
07/06/06/02/Sugababes - Ugly
08/NE/08/01/Andy Bell - Electric
09/04/01/06/
Gorillaz feaut. Shaun Ryder - Dare
10
/05/01/04/Danielle - La Poupe


Now for the extra "Flip or Flop"-session!
Of course it's the new single "Hung Up" from Madonna, that's in the air this Friday in our room.

D-man: Flip
Madonna marries ABBA, Guy Ritchie marries Madonna, Alexander the Great invaded Greece and Cleopatra spoke a dozen languages. This is a dance floor smash hit to be and I'm certain it will get all the attention it deserves. Partly 'cause it's a dance floor filler, partly cause it's Madonna, but mainly cause it's Madonna and ABBA combined. A combination that would make Alexander the Great envious and lure Cleopatra to learn how to speak Swedish.


E-man:
Flip
Well, not unexpectedly perhaps, a big flip. Even with the huge expectations on a new song from an artist of Madonna's calibre, this is good sh*t. The sounds, the lyrics, and the spine-chilling voice of Madonna just combine into a fantastic tune. Add to this that I am genuinely impressed with the fact that she manages to renew herself musically and even wrestle a sense of nostalgia by using an ABBA sample (a group with which I have absolutely no listening experience), and I am just left in awe. A big flip and a peck on the cheek for you, Madonna.


K-man:
Flip
It's Madonna. It's ABBA. If I flopped this I would go against everything that's sacred for me and for my whole race as a gay man. This might be one of these rare matches made in heaven. I'm still feeling sick, but when I hear this song I immediately want to put on ridiculously small t-shirts and dance on pedestals. It's a Flip bigger than life it self. Go Madge! She's back and she has married a disco ball!

What can I say?
The biggest Flip of the year?

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.


Song of Today: "Hung Up" with Madonna

Inga kommentarer: