onsdag, oktober 12, 2005

"Little Boxes" with Malvina Reynolds

Last episode of the new tv-series "Weeds" was aired at the American tv-channel Showtime this week. Right now (if you live in Sweden and have cable) I think you can catch it on Canal +.
Absolutely do so.
It is really one of the best new tv-shows this year.
It’s about a single mum who has to sell weeds to support her family – but it is really not as tragic as it seem. The opposite actually. It is fun, heart-warming and the lines are hilarious:

Andy (after having received a note from the army): I’m not going to Irac to fight in some bullshit war about oil-money!
Dough: Bullshit war? What about 9/11? Didn’t Iran hide the terrorists?
Andy: We’re fighting a war against Iraq….Dough…and neither country had anything to do with blowing up the World trade Centre.
Dough: Well…. They both have sand.
Andy: Bush invaded a nation and defies it to the UN; he’s a war criminal, and now I am supposed to be one of his disposable thugs with a fucking target on my head, in the middle of the desert waiting to be blown up by a car-bomb rigged by a twelve year old who loved Friends and Metallica until one of our missiles blew up his house?? I don’t think so.

Or this one from my favourite character Celia (after she has fond her 10 year old daughter kissing her friend):

Celia: OK…you…cannot….become a lesbian just because you don’t wanna loose weight. The only girl you should be seeing is Jenny Craig.
Isabelle: What?
Celia: I know. I know. You see people like Rosie O’Donnel and you think: "Hey, she can find love!" But that is NOT where lesbianism is going, Isabelle… Look at the "L-word"!
Isabelle: I love Peggy. And she loves me.
Celia: She’s a little Asian girl, they look like boys already, you might as well go for the real deal…
Peggy: Hey! I have boobs.
Celia: Those…are not boobs.

A really, really wonderful show, with good actresses such as Mary-Louis Parker in the lead and Elizabeth Perkins as Celia.
A must see!

And the song for the day is of course the shows (quite disturbing) theme tune.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Little Boxes" with Malvina Reynolds

Inga kommentarer: