torsdag, oktober 06, 2005

"Doctor! Doctor!" with Thompson Twins

Yesterday I wrote about how it is to feel all alone – and I guess I can’t stress that about feeling enough. It was about how it feels when your home sick. Not that I am all alone and everyone hates me. I know that I have great people around me in life:
I have talked to (poor) Fredrik almost every second hour since I became sick, and he has been as supportive as ever. My mum calls me five times a day (which is very nice, but a bit hard when you can’t actually speak due to that bloody swollen throat). My sister have called me, my colleagues have sent me several text messages and also called me. Johan called (and I know he’d been here with useful stuff if his car hadn’t broke down…). Ante called. Fredrik1 called. But I guess the best thing was when I was completely beaten out after a strange day..

…I went to see the doctor (and it is actually a minor miracle to manage to get an appointment at you local doctor the same day you call here in Gothenburg…but all hail to Vårdcentralen Ekmanska. I am so lucky to be in their district) and she first did a test to find out if I had tonsillitis…but that test came back negative… So then she thought it might be Infectious mononucleosis (which would be devastating since it takes about three weeks to recover from and I have a New York trip in about two weeks) and I had to take new tests. Fortunately these tests also came back negative…so then she thought it was tonsillitis again (don’t ask me why) and wanted to give me penicillin. Unfortunately I am allergic to penicillin so I had to get something else called "Klacid" – but I guess I at least have some pills now, which also hopefully will make me better…

…and suddenly the door-bell rang. There was Javad – my "I work 80 hours a week, and have recently moved in to a villa that needs a lot of work in my spare time" friend – with some oranges, I magazine, and some candy. I was so happy I almost cried. What a friend! And I couldn’t even get him a hug, since I was to damn afraid to transmit my infection to him…and I could barely thank him either since I can’t talk…but I think he saw how happy I was. He really is a very, very important person in my life that guy.

So, let’s lay our hope upon those pills now, and that I have some strange bacteria.
‘Cause as I said yesterday I am a hypochondriac…
…and the first symptoms of HIV are similar to tonsillitis and Infectious mononucleosis.
*gaaaaaah*

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Doctor! Doctor!" with Thompson Twins

Inga kommentarer: