fredag, oktober 07, 2005

"Suffer Well" with Depeche Mode

Today it is Friday, and it is time for this week’s list.

It is not as fun as usual… usually I have listen to a whole lot of songs in my iPod, and I present the list for my collegues in my room at work right before we leave for some beers before the weekend…now I just sit here sick by myself and it is hard to choose from all the happy, good, new music that I’ve got this week.

I guess the list would have looked a bit different a "normal" week. Andy bell has released a really fun solo album, and a normal week he would have had one or several new entries – but I haven’t had the strength to listen to it as much as I had wished for… But Andy can still celebrate since "Crazy" has been on the list for five weeks now, and, together with Gorillaz "Dare", that are the longest time a single song been on this ever changing list. Five weeks are a loooong time in my iPod, since I can get tired on a song in the time between to lists… But keep looking for some more Andy bell on the list next week.

The new entries then; I love the new Eurythmics single (as you may have noticed in this weeks Flip or Flop), and new singles from Bananarama and Sugababes are almost like compulsory on this chart. The Bananarama single is not as good as I had hope in it’s original Radio Version – but Angel City Short Mix is fantastic.

The Sugababes…
Well I just have to obsess a little bit about the Sugababes.
Their song "Push the Button" has turned out to be quite a hit this autumn here in Sweden (it was actually on my list already in August ;-)) and when you see the video it isn’t hard to understand why…
Damn, these babes look good!
If it wasn’t for that cardigan/t-shirt-guy showing off his stomach at one point (and well, for the other two hot guys as well) that could have been "The video that turned gay men straight".
At least for 3.38 minutes
Anyhow.
Their upcoming single is not as catchy as "Push Their Button". It is a guitar-based, low-key song about the right of being yourself and to look as you want. Not a party starter…but hey. It’s the ‘babes. Of course they are on my list!

This Week/Last Week/Peak/Weeks on Chart/Artist - Song

01
/NE/01/01/Eurythmics - I've Got a Life
02/05/02/02/Depeche Mode - Suffer Well
03/NE/03/01/Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Angel City Short Mix)
04
/02/01/05/Gorillaz feaut. Shaun Ryder - Dare
05/03/01/03/Danielle - La Poupee
06/NE/06/01/Sugababes - Ugly
07
/01/01/02/Depeche Mode - A Pain That I'm Used To
08/06/06/03/Dannii Minogue & The Soul Seekerz - Perfection
09/07/01/05/Andy Bell - Crazy
10
/04/03/03/Rachel Stevens - Crazy Boys

Since the number one song already been song of the day (this Monday) I’ll pick number two…
…and I guess it is a little bit more aligned with how I feel right now, or as Depeche sings:
"I just hang on. Suffer well. Sometimes it’s hard…"

I really want to be in the sun at the Tres-terrace having a beer with my work mates right now…

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Suffer Well" with Depeche Mode

Inga kommentarer: