onsdag, oktober 26, 2005

"Sin Sin Sin" with Robbie Williams

OK, just before we left for New York there was supposed to be a "Flip or Flop" of the new single from Mr. Robbie Williams, but there wasn’t time…
…but here we go instead!

D-man: Flip
Easy one this week. Nothing compared to Angel, perhaps, but a nice flow and my feet were dancing. Such a nice lullaby. I think I can grow quite fond of this tune, reminds me a bit of J.Cash's covers but with Robbie's voice and of course more upbeat. Play it again Robbie!

E-man: Flop
Well, grumpy's back (me, not Robbie). I like Robbie, but this doesn't wake me up like his old stuff used to. I generally like the save-the-world pathos of the lyrics on his new album, but the music is a bit tame. Granted, I am a bit tired at the moment so it's not an easy job. But with the money he makes off of it, I expect him to deliver more. So, that's a flop if you didn't catch that. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got sleep…err, work, to catch up on.

K-man: Flip
Everything Robbie does turns into gold - that's some kind of unwritten rule nowadays. It might be because he is the world’s only male solo pop artists...or maybe there is someone else...but then at least I can't remember him right now. So of course this "this-time-I-sound-like-I-am-David-Bowie-doing-"Heroes"-in-the-verses"-single is a hit, even if I personally think it is more due to Robbie than the song itself. And Bowie then.

I guess everything is back to normal in the Flip/Flop-world.
A 2/3 Flip, where E-man is waving his red flag as usual…

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Sin Sin Sin" with Robbie Williams

Inga kommentarer: