torsdag, oktober 13, 2005

"Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)" with Bananarama

I can't tell you how glad I am that we're all back together in the room for another round of "Flip or Flop"!
Well, I really loved D-man's ambitious blog last week...but I think it's something very special about sitting here in the room all three of us and listening to a new single...
'Nough said;
The single up to test this week is the new one from Bananarama called "Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)". We've listen to both the "Single Version Radio Edit" and the "Angel City Short Remix".

Bring in my boys! Here we go!

D-man:
Flip
Geeee... this one was a hard one. I really like how it takes of, and what sounds as Alexander Bard on acid. Then it doesn't really keep up. It gets a bit dull. It doesn't do anything for me. But then it once again reminds me of the intro-tune, which I really like. Then suddenly it is over. What happened? No more acid? My first guess was that this actually was a new one from Army of Lovers, but apparently it's not. This one gets a FLIP only 'cause the intro made me smile at the last listening occasion.


E-man:
Flip
Not a convincing one, but nevertheless a flip. That goes for the original version, however. Not the Angel City Short Mix. More about that later.

The original has a nice ring and stands out a bit form the crowd, while still being easy listening. I really like the blend of the electronic and the harmonious synthpop. The lyrics, well, that's just your mainstream "girl meets boy and really wants boy to go home with her". Not much to be said.
Now the remix. Better production, but in that it manages to take away exactly the sounds I like in the original. Too much like the rest, could be just about any third rate song playing at the moment. So, a flip it is, with the reservation that it applies ONLY to the original single version (radio edit).

K-man:
Flop
This is a hard one – it might be my hardest Flip/Flop yet. I can’t say I dislike it - in contrary I often turn the volume up when it hits my iPod - but I guess I just expect more from my Bananas...or well not EXPECT nowadays...there hasn’t been much to celebrate lately....no I just WANT more from my fruity ones. More party, more glamour, more eighties, more Stock, Aitken & Waterman... So the "Angel City Short Remix" is much more my cup of tea, than the single version. The Radio Remix is just too damn average! So sorry, girls; There’s no big comeback outside the London gay-clubs this time around either...

My god.

E-man flips... And then D-man also flips!! And the K-man flops!?
A Bananarama single!?
I guess now hell has frozen over, Jesus has returned and Kikki Danielsson might be able to win the melodifestival also...
Somewhere the K-man is deeply satisfied anyway (since - as I said - I somehow like this tune), but felt the need to call it a flop to set an example for the bananas. The really have to shape up!

Even so; a Flip it is. And not even a very small one.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.


Song of Today: "Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango)" with Bananarama

Inga kommentarer: