fredag, oktober 21, 2005

"New York, New York" with Ryan Adams

My First Trip to New York, Part III

Spending the whole morning trying to find F1 who hadn’t returned to his bed in our room for the whole night (he finally appeared at noon and told me he had found some new Australian “best friends” at a seedy bar, and slept at their place) * sitting in a dark room at a seminar just wanting to get out in the big apple * going down to SoHo again for lunch at Starbucks, to meet FF and Mie for yet another Starbucks visit, and to buy X-mas cards and a Sex and the City-book at Urban Outfitters * fast visit to Macy’s to discover that the knitted sweater I liked was too big for me * cab ride to Upper East Side and Rockefeller Center – and for the first time since I arrived really getting the feeling that I love NYC * the famous ice-skating rink you’ve seen so many times before – but never in real life * my first raisin and cinnamon bagel * the NBC store with all its fantastic TV-thingies * we did MoMA; the best museum of contemporary art that I have ever visited, in under an hour. Blasphemy of course, but it was nice anyway and a joy to be there with F-man and H-babe * walking along Park Avenue in some form of ecstasy over the fact that we were walking along Park Avenue * drinks at some bar * dinner at Café Centro at the back of Grand Central Station * even more drinks at the bar

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today:
"New York, New York" with Ryan Adams

Inga kommentarer: