söndag, oktober 16, 2005

"The Fly" with U2

The weather today is f*cking gorgeous! I have been sitting outside in the sun and just enjoyed the crisp, cold air and the sun. Marvellous! It is actually quite hard to get inside and start packing for NYC, where it looks like it will be rainy but 24 C…
But that’s not what today’s blog should be about at all.
It should be about something I have tried to avoid for several months…but I have finally given up and started to do it like everyone else.
Its one of the biggest "things of the year" - or "one of this year’s flies (flugor)" as we would say here in Sweden – together with blogging (
well, I’m already doing that) and the little coloured rubber-bands around your wrist (I’m really, really not going to do that…unless they makes a "I’m single, come and love me"-rubber band…then we can start talking).
Of course I am talking about
Sudokos.
These little Asian cross-number-thingies, which have dominated all newspapers and book stores since this spring, have finally taking over my life….and it’s that bloody throat infection that is to blame for this also - staying at home for a week really gives you the time to do a lot of things you have avoided before…
Well, I can finally confirm it: It is as stupid as I thought…but it is much, much, much more habit-forming then I ever could have imagined. You really can’t stop. Not a chance.
My new plan is to buy a book full of
Sudokos, and use this book for my flight over the Atlantic this Wednesday. Right now flying for such a long time just seems terrifying, but maybe some Sudokos can change that – I know cross-word puzzles have done it before.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "The Fly" with U2

Inga kommentarer: