tisdag, oktober 11, 2005

"Back at Work" from Thoroughly Modern Millie

Back at work.

It feel like you’ve been gone forever (it was just a week, right?), the mailbox looks like you’ve been gone forever, you’re body feels like if a week with fever and without food has made it quite a conquest just to take the bus…
….and you’re colleague have hardly noticed you’ve been away.

"Had a cold or something?"

I know this is not because I have bad colleagues or because I am Mr Anonymous at my work.
No. Not at all. I love (most of) my colleagues. And I think they like me.
But I know how they are feeling.
The feeling that at work...
…at work time stands still and nothing happens.
Every day is almost the same as the one before and therefore time outside the office is running much slower.
Six days at home are about one day at the office.
And don’t mix this up with thinking that the days at work speed by fast as lightning. No. One day at work feels like six days at home…

This week I hope to meet H-man.
H-man has been away from work for a year living in the States.
But I know that when I meet him it will feel like he left the office last week.

"Hey H-man! Had a cold or something?"

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Back at Work" from Thoroughly Modern Millie

Inga kommentarer: