måndag, oktober 03, 2005

"I’ve Got a Life" with Eurythmics

Monday.
Feels like it always is nowadays...
*sigh*

Well, since E-man is leaving us for an operation tomorrow (and because I will play this song over and over again this week) we will have a "Flip or Flop" right away. Today we will observe the new single from the 80’s icons Eurythmics very closely and try to figure out if we think it’s a flip or a flop.

D-man:
Flip
I've been a sucker for monster ballads since the days of good old Meatloaf. This builds up perfectly with a very strong voice, then breaks out in a rhythmic beat with background vocals. I'd preferred a more "I cry out my sorrow and don't give a crap about if you can dance to this or not"-kind of song, but still like what I hear. Perhaps not that much of a monster ballad in retrospective then, but it'll still wobble my desk this day.

E-man:
Flop
I like Annie, with her symphonic pop and save-the-world pathos, but this is just too weak. Realizing that this is in fact Eurythmics coming back just makes the disappointment a bit bigger. I was waiting for my spine to tingle, a bit like it does with "Walking on Broken Glass" or "Here comes the rain again". Never happens. Annie’s voice sounds tired, and her voice was sort of the point with the band for me. Flop-a-froggin'-froo.

K-man:
Flip
Oh, I adore this. It starts like some sort of Disney-ballad and then turns into something clearly Eurythmics/80’s/synthish. I don’t know if it will at the top of the charts – I guess the song is a bit too strange for that – but it will sure be at the top of my list and dominate my iPod for a while. Welcome back, Annie&Dave!

I guess it is lucky that E-mans nose collapsed and he will be away from our room for the rest of this week, ‘cause the song is a Flip – at least a minor one...and with him out of the room it actually a two flip out of two! I foresee that it will be played a lot in the future...


Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.


Song of Today: "I’ve Got a Life" with Eurythmics

Inga kommentarer: