onsdag, oktober 05, 2005

"All By Myself" with Eric Carmen

Fortunately, I am sick very seldom.
Well…I’m a total hypochondriac and I always believe I’m sick. I get anxiety attacks, and headaches. I always think that I have a fever (and I always carry a thermometer with me for this purpose) and I often suspects cancer of different forms…
But I haven’t been sick for real for ages.
Until now.
Now I suddenly have become sick for real, and it is totally dreadful.
I have 39-40˚ of fever (that’s Celsius – it is about 104 F) ad my throat is so swollen I only can swallow water and maybe some soup.
I have no strength to do anything useful, and I just lay in my sofa watching TV or sleeps – and that may sound nice…but it really isn’t when you can’t swallow or answer the phone (since it is in another room, and you’re to tired to go there).
It also strange how terrible lonely you feel when your sick.
Usually I’m not that bothered of being single, and I think I manage to have people around me as much as I can and like…but when you get sick it is pretty obvious that you are in fact: All. By. Your. Self.
No one can bring you a cup of tea when you are too feverish to make one yourself. No one will go to the pharmacist and pick up some Alvedon to make your temperature drop. No one will do the dishes when you to tired to even remove your soup-bowl from the coffee table, and no one will be there to say "It is going to be alright" when you wake up at 3 a.m. and have delirium and think you are going to die since you can’t breathe.
No, I don't want any pity - but it is really quite disturbing and it makes you think about the way you live your life.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "All By Myself" with Eric Carmen

Inga kommentarer: