tisdag, maj 30, 2006

"Boys from School" with Hot Chip

Okay, I picked the wrong single yesterday.
This is the latest single from Hot Chip.
But they are both good.

This song also connects to something I saw today on my way home from work.
It’s graduation time right now, and you can see students in their little white hats everywhere… usually in groups or singing from the back of trucks.

But today when I was waiting for my train home another train in the opposite direction arrived to the platform. People welled out, and amongst them a single male student. He was very tall…about 1.90, had a nice grey suite and he just strolled out the train (and he looked completely sober) – but instead of running towards the exits like everyone else he just sat down on one of the benches and lit a cigarette.

At first I thought; oh poor thing – all alone on graduation with no one to pick you up in a car decorated with balloons. But then I looked at him again and he was glooming with happiness on that bench, looking completely satisfied with his new life just laying before him. It was almost biblical.

Then my train arrived and I turned into one of the welling people.

Keep readin'.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Boys from School" with Hot Chip

Inga kommentarer: