onsdag, maj 10, 2006

"Rör Vid Min Själ" with Sanna Nielsen

Time again for our series:

"Songs I’m a Little Embarrassed to Admit that I Like"

Today it is the Queen of Svensktoppen-music, Sanna Nielsen, that’s the subject of my attention. A girl which I started out hating when she was just a kid and got her first hit singing with her grandmother. Dreadful. After that she appeared in Melodifestivalen with some dreadful song called "Igår, Idag" and came surprisingly in as number three after Friends and Barbados (I think). People loved her voice I guess…
Her second shot in Melodifestivalen was when she (to my anger) put Alcazar’s "Not a Sinner Nor a Saint" in "Andra Chansen" and went directly to the final with "Hela Världen för Mig"…
…a song I had to hate at first…but I started to love as it came closer to the final…and somewhere around that point I secretly started to like Sanna…
When she sung with Fredrik Kempe in Melodifestivalen last year, I was cheering for them in the semifinals (and their non-existing chemistry is a classic) - but I guess their ranking in the final in Globen didn’t come as a surprise…
Well. This year Sanna released a solo-album called "Nära mej Nära dej", and it is the first track on (and single from) this album that is the song of today…and the song I’m a little embarrassed to admit that I like.
It is called "Rör vid min själ", and it is really a Swedish cover of the song "You Raise Me Up" – made famous by artists like Josh Groban and Westlife. It is very simple. Sort of pompous. Same lyrics over and over again. Bombastic. Tear jerking. And really nothing you can admit to like if you want to retain some degree of coolness. But what the heck. I’m doing it. I’m coming out admitting it is one of the most played songs in my iPod this year.
Go Sanna! She may need some comfort since Carola nicked her Melodifestival-entry this year – and won with it.

Keep readin'.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Rör Vid Min Själ" with Sanna Nielsen

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

bra start