fredag, maj 05, 2006

"Integral" with Pet Shop Boys

Friday. Train. Chart.
You know the deal.

New songs this week; the three best songs of the new Pet Shop Boys-album "Fundamental" are also the party hits of the album (that would be the tunes…not the lyrics) and of course at my chart. It was a hard decision to figure out which one deserved the top spot, but finally "Minimal" was the shit. I compensate that with giving "Integral" the honors of being the song of today.

Magnus Carlsson new album is clearly a disappointment of huge proportions, but I can’t help but like some of the songs. The next single "Mellan Vitt och Svart" almost made it to my chart this week, but it was the (partially awful) song "Discodåre" that made it in the end. I will not defend this decision in any way if you meet me IRL, but I think the chorus (until he sings the name of the song) is as good as it gets...clearly a hit to e proud of…while some other parts of the song...the rest...are clearly an embarrassment.

…a song I WILL defend is the Eurovision Song Contest contribution from Monaco. This is a rear thing. It is a song EVERYONE hates, and I love it to bits. For real. And this is almost the best part since I always seem to like the ESC-songs everyone else like (while I have a friend who always finds some strange song from (for example) Estonia in a made up language which he will argument for for hours), but now I found one for myself that everyone else seems to despise. Hurray for Severine!

Last but not least is the upcoming single from Nouveau Riche – now without Dominica unfortunately, but with Camilla Brinck of Melodifestivalen fame (well…she’s been there). Not as good as the first one in my opinion, but OK.

This Week/Last Week/Peak/Weeks on Chart/Artist - Song

01/NE/01/01/Pet Shop Boys - Minimal
02/NE/02/01/Pet Shop Boys - Integral
03/01/01/02/DJ Earworm - No One Takes Your Freedom
04/NE/04/01/Nouveau Riche - Hardcore Life
05/04/02/04/Keane - Is it Any Wonder?
06/NE/06/01/
Magnus Carlsson - Discodåre
07
/02/02/03/Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
08/NE/08/01/
Séverine Ferrer - La Coco-Dance
09
/07/07/02/
Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah
10
/03/01/03/
Queentastic - Absolutely Fabulous

Keep readin'.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Integral" with Pet Shop Boys

Inga kommentarer: