torsdag, maj 11, 2006

"The Resurrectionist" with Pet Shop Boys

It’s one of these days when I don’t feel like writing something in English at all…
I guess this blog will die on its first birthday if no-one objects.
So…what will I choose as the song of today?
Will I tell you about the Danish song I’m a Little Embarrassed to Admit that I Like?
Nope.
Will I tell you about the Tomas Ledin debacle in Sweden this week, when he decided to take the money and run (code for "re-use an old hit as the official UEFA World cup championship song")?
Nope.
Maybe choose the song me and F2 had discussions about today, and which I made the song of yesterday in my Swedish blog?
Nope.
But the new Kent-song I found yesterday? That must be something to talk about and highlight since I love Kent?
Well, yes.
But nope.
I will choose the B-side from the new (well…almost) Pet Shop Boys single "I’m with Stupid".
Not because it is a wonderful upbeat song, that clearly could have fit on the album.
Not because Johan loved it and told me about it and its remixes.
Not because it has the most disturbing and strange ending of any song this year (it just stops).
Nope.
This song is the song of today since I love the title!
I don’t know if the word "Resurrectionist" even existed before the boys started singing about it…I’m certainly sure there isn’t a correct Swedish word for it. (yeah, we do also have a word for "resurrection" – but that’s not the point here)
It just such a funny occupation to imagine.
Love it.

…and that was a large blog for someone without inspiration…

Keep readin’.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "The Resurrectionist" with Pet Shop Boys

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

OK i would like to object to the death of this blog just for the sake of it, it is always sad to lose a friend. But really, since I like your swedish blog more I dont think it will leave very deep scars to lose this one.