måndag, maj 15, 2006

"Twist of Love" with Sidsel Ben Semmane

"Songs I’m a Little Embarrassed to Admit that I Like Part 3"

…and today we’ve come to this years’ ESC-entry from Denmark…
I know, I know…
It is a twist…with a twist (drum-roll).
But they sent a home made reggae last year and it made a minor success (they already qualified for the final you know), so of course they try something strange – and okay, okay….terrible dated – type of music this year also. A twist.
And I don’t know why…but I like it.
I think it is catchy.
Well, I don’t like it in the same ways as the previous song in the Songs I’m a Little Embarrassed to Admit that I Like-series…but in a I would never admit I like this ESC-song kinda way. But well…once again I’ve spilled my inner-song-thoughts for You honorable reader.

Unfortunately, I don’t think it will be very successful this Saturday if you believe the guys in this superb blog (from which I illegally nick all photos from the repetitions…) who has seen Sidsel Ben Semmane perform today and writes:

"I worried that Denmark and Germany coming back to back might damage both songs, but not based on this performance, because this was just so awful that it actually helps Germany. Sidsel and her four female backing dancers go through the basic routine, not twisting, not line dancing, but rather pointlessly shuffling along. Then a break dancer jumps on stage and rolls around on the floor. This suffer badly from what my friend Chig calls "Afrodite Syndrome", after the Swedish girls in 2002. "Afrodite Syndrome" is where someone goes completely OverTheTop and decides to shout the song rather than singing it, losing any sweetness and sounding strained and desperate. It was Bosnia last year and this year it's Denmark. This is going to do badly unless it improves, and I mean VERY badly. "

Well…I guess I have to keep admire liking this at a distance then!

Keep readin’.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Twist of Love" with Sidsel Ben Semmane

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Dude, of course you like it! It´s danish, fer cryin´out loud. Nothing bad has ever come out of Denmark. Well, a couple of things. All right, quite a lot of crap then. But anyhow, go Denmark. And big up to K-man, of course.