onsdag, juni 29, 2005

"Electric" with Leila K

Ten minutes before I was about to go to bed yesterday, there was a major power failure in Gothenburg and everything went black.
Well, not exactly black since this is Sweden in June and it is never dark...but all lights went out and the trams just came to a halt.

I had just one lamp lit, so at first I thought it was just that lamp...but I realized quite soon that that wasn’t the case. Especially since all the neighbours seemed to turned off all their lights at the same time...

Well, since it was 11 P.M the only real problem for the moment seemed to be the freezer and the refrigerator, and even if I was dreadfully expecting to wake up to another water filled kitchen with destroyed ex-frozen food and melted ice-cream, I felt that I couldn’t do that much about it and the best thing was just to go to bed.

But then I realized that without electricity and on the verge of sleeping, a man in the 21st century cannot be completely sure to wake up at a given time next morning. My alarm clock needs electricity and since my cell-phone still is missing that wasn’t an option either. I may have been able to use some service with my regular phone, if this hadn’t been a wireless one that needed electricity to work. What could you do? Walk over to your neighbour and hope he has an old alarm clock you may borrow (or he is willing to set at the exact time you want to get out of bed)?
I finally decided to test the method of "wake-up by yourself", turned off my flashlight, prepared to sleep and hope for the best.


Strangely my neighbour solved the problem nevertheless. He and his girlfriend decided that the best thing to do during a power break is to have wild - and very, very, loud – sex...and by that they kept me awake with their moans, screams and their banging to my bedroom wall until the power break was over and I finally could set my alarm clock to 5.50 A.M.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.


Song of Today: "Electric" with Leila K

Inga kommentarer: