lördag, juni 11, 2005

"Til Kingdom Come" with Coldplay

Today I saw a snail screaming.
No really, I did.

And for the record:
I DO eat meat.
I have no sympathy for insects or other types of disgusting creatures.
I do like dogs, but I don’t understand cats (or catpeople) at all.
And I always buy the meat&eggs which are the cheapest – NOT the ones that have had a farmer gently padding their heads while they were growing up.

But still, today a saw a screaming snail.

No, I didn’t hear it, stupid.
But I saw it.

I was talking a power-walk before breakfast (I always do that nowadays...works perfectly...yesterday my weight was below 70kg...hurray!), listening to the new Coldplay album in my iPod...

By the way:
The X&Y album.
It is OK, but I’m not joining the public rave yet, though.
The press compares it to U2...
...but I think that if it had been Jocke Berg in (the Swedish pop-group) Kent that had been sleeping with Gwyneth Palthrow instead of Chris Martin, the world would be singin’ Music Non Stop (or something) right now instead.

But back to this morning:
Suddenly (looking down at the road beneath me) there was the screaming snail.
It had unfortunately been run over by a bike, so half of it was totally flat and mushy.
The back half of the snail.
The snail-tail?
Anyway: the remaining part were reaching for the sky, tryin’ helplessly to move forward...screaming for help.

It was SO obvious, even if there was no sound.
Even if there were no voice coming from that black, slimy head of his/hers, it was perfectly clear what was going on down there.
It was screaming with panic.

Of course I just continued to walk.
I had to go home preparing for having my best friend and his 11 month-year-old daughter for a visit.
And really...
What can you do with a half dead, screaming snail??

I just hope I won’t be that snail someday.
Having panic, screaming as loud as I can – but no-one stops since they can’t hear me.
I guess that is one of my greatest fears actually.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Til Kingdom Come" with Coldplay

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Seriosly, this was freakin' funny. I just have to ask you one thing; why the hell didn't you just kill that poor little creature?! You could've just stepped on it or something. you bastard.

and yeah, I have to admit that I'm a vegan myself.