söndag, juni 12, 2005

"Yesterday when I was Mad" with Pet Shop Boys

Yesterday my pipes broke down in the kitchen.

Well, technically speaking it wasn’t yesterday – it was today at 2. a.m - but if you’ve slept at least eight hours since the episode you gonna tell, I guess it is OK to call it yesterday?

Anyway.
I was going to do the dishes – yes, at 2 a.m...it was a slow Saturday, ok? - after the dinner I had cooked for my best friend and me earlier in the day, and suddenly all the brown water (filled with disgusting little pieces of onions and beef) didn’t disappear into the pipes and out of my life as it usually do.
(I say usually, because recently it has been quit a lottery – but after a shot of caustic soda (or three) the problem generally has been history).

But not last night.

At first the brown, smelly water just stayed in the zinc...

...then it started to slowly and reluctantly disappear through the hole...
...just to suddenly re-appear at my feet, gushing from the cupboard (normally just containing kitchen garbage and paper bags) under the zinc.

Nice.
So I had to play plumber in the middle of the night, which really isn’t that funny when there’s no other person involved and the only tool to grip is actually an adjustable spanner.
Well, I wrenched, I pulled the pipes apart, I cleaned them, I put them together, I throw all the wet, meat-water stinking paper bags away, and I went over the entire kitchen floor with a mop and some strong detergent. At 2. a.m remember.
Then I grabbed the (still messy) wok and tried to finish the washing-up.

At first the brown, smelly water just stayed in the zinc...

...then it started to slowly and reluctantly disappear through the hole...
...just to suddenly re-appear at my feet, gushing from the cupboard (normally just containing kitchen garbage and paper bags, but now completely empty) under the zinc.

I finished the dishes in my bathtub
Tomorrow I will call the landlord.


Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Yesterday when I was Mad" with Pet Shop Boys

Inga kommentarer: