torsdag, juni 16, 2005

"Some Girls are Bigger than Others" with The Smiths

Last weekend I saw the movie “Mr & Mrs Smith” by Dough Liman.

I like Dough Liman movies.
"Swingers", "Go", and "The Bourne Identity" are all good films, and in addition to that he directed the first episodes of "The O.C" (a TV-favourite of mine).

Then I also like Brad Pitt.
Not just for the obvious reasons, but also for his choices in movies (everyone involved in "Fight Club" are worthy some sort of life-long admiration from me I guess).

I also recently started to like agents more and more, since "Alias" and "24" are two of my favourite TV-shows.

So this movie experience really should have been a good thing – even if I knew the critics had slaughtered the film...
...but it wasn’t.

Not so much for the movie itself...even if I only would have given it 4/10 maybe.
Not Liman’s or Pitt’s best by far, and even if it starts good, is quite funny sometimes, and stars Aidan Brody in a small part – it really helps having a story to tell that can’t be written on a stamp by a left-handed five year old.
Well, maybe it is enough to have Brad&Angelina, they make a fantastic beautiful couple.
(I wonder who they should pick if they break up? I guess they both have to lower their standards next time around.)

But the movie itself wasn’t the worst part of the experience.
It was the audience.
People are saying that Internet downloads and DVDs are killing the theatres and the box-office.
They’re not.
The teenagers are killing it!

All the THX-sound in the world can’t get louder than a room full of 17-year-olds commenting EVERYTHING on the screen...
...if any of them even sees the screen since EVERYONE seems to be sending text messages (which prevents ME from seeing anything since there are at least 50 little blue screens between me and the screen with the actual movie on it).

Next time Dough Liman makes a movie I’m gonna download it on the internet, sit back in my sofa, turn on my surround system – and just hope he has a story to tell this time...
...because this time I’m going to actually see and hear the movie.


Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Some Girls are Bigger than Others" with The Smiths

Inga kommentarer: