torsdag, augusti 25, 2005

"747" with Kent

Since the first time I heard the new Depeche Mode single "Precious", I have tried to figure out which song from Kent it reminds me of.
Not that it has taken over my life ...but more like that every time the DM songs starts at my iPod or at the radio I think of Kent...but I haven’t been able to figure out what song it is.

But today I finally figured it out!

We’ve been having a sort of Kent day here at our room at work (it goes with the mood and the weather today) and – just a moment ago – 2.25 into a song the exactly same synth loop as in "Precious" appear!

...and ironically it appears in what is considered to be one of the most well known and best Kent-songs ever made.
Maybe THE best song if you ask people generally - it always wins the "Best Kent Song Polls" by far.The song they used to end all their concerts with (until the latest tour), the single that cemented their place as the biggest band in Sweden, and the best song of their best album.

747

Just test it!
Compare the sound 2.25 into the album version of "747" to "Precious".
Cool.

I can’t believe I didn’t get that sooner...
...and I guess it will make my Depeche-loving friends very happy to hear that when Kent are at their best, they actually sound like Depeche Mode...or maybe it is vice verca? I guess it doesn’t matter since DM and Kent have about the same (super devoted) fans.

Now I can listen to "Precious" and think about how good that song actually is and nothing else. I guess that's at least one positive thing a quite boring, rainy thursday in August.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "747" with Kent

Inga kommentarer: