måndag, augusti 29, 2005

"Patience" with George Michael

Yesterday, when I should get something to eat, there was an alcoholic in front of me in the queue that refused to pay for his pizza. The conversation went something like:
"You have to pay 50SEK for your pizza!"
"But I already paid!"
"That was for the beer, now you have to pay for your pizza."
"I didn’t order a beer!"
"Well, maybe your friend ordered it, but you drank it and he only paid for his!"
"But I gave you 50SEK!"
"Yes, but then you have to pay for your pizza now."
"But I already paid"
"Well, then you have to pay for the beer."
"But I gave you 50SEK!!"

That still went on when I managed to sneak my 50SEK (I haven’t had a beer) to another pizza-man, admiring the first pizza-mans temper and patience.

So today before me at the line to get into my gym I suddenly found my self in a similar situation. In front of me this time was a 20-something girl trying to unlock her previous locked (due to sickness or something) gym card. This conversation went something like:
"We have to see your deal before we can unlock your card."
"But I usually exercise at SATS Kompassen"
"Well, then you have to go there so they can take the lock of your deal!"
"But that’s outrageous since I’m here now. You have to fix it!"
"But if you signed your deal and locked your card at SATS Kompassen, you have to unlock it there."
"But I signed my deal here! Don’t you hear what I’m saying??"
"I thought you said you signed it elsewhere…hmmm…I can’t find it here."
"Well, I usually exercise at SATS Kompassen."

That still went on when I managed to sneak my gym card to another girl at the desk and proceed into the gym for some lifting of weights.

I don’t know if these two stories are similar enough to make some point…but I do know I’m happy to be able to take my fights at work by mail…or at least without some poor guy overhearing me further down the line…since my patience is no way near the patience of the pizza-guy and the gym-guy.

I’d go berserk all over the place.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Patience" with George Michael

Inga kommentarer: