onsdag, augusti 17, 2005

"It Hurts" with Lena Philipsson

Even if this is a blog connected to a song every day, I have noticed it is strangely little blogging about music.

Right now I have a very hard time to find something new to listen to. There seems to be no new CDs at all that excites even a little…so my iPod is sadly stuck on random playing of old songs over and over again.

They say that of all our senses the sense of smelling is the one that the brain most strongly connects to different things. Well, I guess I cant argue with science, but listening to different music it is interesting how you connect different songs and artists to different times, places and over all, friends.

If I hear Pet Shop Boys I immediately think of my friend Johan (who is a fanatic fan and who has got all PSB records ever made I guess), and if I hear Scissor Sisters I always think of Andreas (because our common interest for Scissors Sisters where one thing that made us friends in the first place). I actually think of Andreas when I hear of Depeche Mode also…and Kylie. But sometimes Kylie also makes me think of the time my best friend Ante, partly when he left a party when I put on a "Best of Kylie"-record, and partly that he in spite of his hate of Kylie actually made me a Kylie-CD for one of my birthdays.
Another very strong memory is when I hear something from the first album from The Strokes…that is so obvious Javad…and memories from that boring party which ended with both of us sitting in front of the stereo listening to the album over and over again and for every new drink more and more agreeing on that this was the best album since Oasis’ "(Whats the Story) Morning Glory”. But Javad is also Kent, of course. And ZZ Top’s "I Can’t Stop Rockin’" is so much V0K-96 that it is subject for its own blog.

I wonder if there are some music that people always connect with me?
I guess there is…
But I do not think it is U2 or Kylie or Kent or any other of my favorite artists or bands.
No.
I guess I always will be the person thinks of when the hear some Swedish schlager.
I guess I’m the Lena Ph guy…
…and that kind of hurts.

Keep readin’.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "It Hurts" with Lena Philipsson

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Måste säga att jag impad av din avslutning på onsdagens blogg. Den fick du verkligen till!

Själv tänker jag alltid på dig och mig när jag hör Carolas "Hey Mickey". Vi sitter i ditt rum och gör adventskalendrar till varandra. Med en knappmål rispar vi luckornas konturer och på det bakre pappret försöker vi pricka in bilden så att den hamnar mitt för luckan. Vilket arbete!