onsdag, mars 22, 2006

"20Hz" with Covenant

I guess I have never been less prepared to go to London than I am for the trip next week - I haven’t even managed to build up some fear of the flying yet - but damn how much I need it and how I’m starting to look forward to it!!
The shopping at Covent Garden and Oxford Street (Urban Outfitters, River Island, TopMan, FCUK, Next) and the beers (my goal is to have a pint at at least five pubs I never been to and five pubs I’ve already been to)!
If I can get some sun also (it doesn’t look good right now…they’re down to 5 degrees Celsius this week) and a calm flight I would be the happiest man alive.

To prepare myself I figured out some sort of checklist of "How to make yourself believe you’re already in London while being in Stockholm":

* Look at the left instead of the right while crossing a street
Check! But I can tell you it is smart to check one extra time to the right also.

*
Go by the subway and call it "The Tube" - while trying to feel a lot more claustrophobic and afraid of single bags.
Check! At least the tube part. There’s just too much space in the Stockholm subway to get that "if something happens and we stop I’ll die"-feeling.

* Say "Excuse me!" to everyone you bump into at the commuter train.
Not done! That’s not applicable in Sweden. You have to be impolite and growl – otherwise people will think you’re crazy.

*
Have a pint of ale for lunch.
Not done! They don’t serve beer by the micros in the lunchroom here…and drinking by yourself is just too sad.

* Walk into Åhléns Odenplan with Covenants "20Hz" on very loud volume in your iPod – it almost makes you feel like you’re at Cyberdog in Camden.
Check! This was actually done spontaneous and got the whole pro-London feeling starting.

OK. Now I’m read!
Counting down: 8 day’s to go!

Keep readin'.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "20Hz" with Covenant

Inga kommentarer: