måndag, mars 06, 2006

"Crash! Boom! Bang!" with Roxette

I guess it is easy to forget right now that Crash is a very good movie, that it was one of the best I saw last year, and that I gave it a 9 out of 10 as a grade…
…because just now I’m so utterly disappointed at the Oscars (and God do I regret staying up all night…and I will regret it more in a few hours when I’m off for my new work) and that they where the ONLY award in the whole year that didn’t have the guts to give Brokeback Mountain their Best Picture Award….
…and really folks – that’s the only award that really counts.
I would like to be able to say that it has some sort of homophobic motif…but since Philip Seymore Hoffman won (playing the very, very, VERY gay Capote) I guess it is not that easy.
Maybe it is just that the Academy have more in common with racial issues in the town they all live in, in opposite to gay cowboys in the mountains.
I really don’t know.
But I feel robbed and very, very sad today.
As (I guess) very many gay men around the world.

Keep readin’.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Crash! Boom! Bang!" with Roxette

Inga kommentarer: