torsdag, mars 23, 2006

"The Model" with Kraftwerk

A few words regarding the Swedish version of ANTM (America’s Next Top Model)…

Stop whining!
My god, if you are going to be a model you MIGHT have known from the start that people will ask you to take your clothes off, to look sexy, to put things on yourself that you don’t like…don’t you think??
If you look at the original show (with the fabulous Tyra Banks), now at its s sixth cycle, it is a completely different show with a completely different type of girls.
The American girls believe in themselves, are tuff as hell, have a clear goal to win the contest, and are willing to do anything to beat all the others in the competition. And most importantly – they know what profession they want, they know what it means, and they are proud of wanting that.
In Sweden modeling is considered so shallow it seems like you can’t (even as a contestant in a show called Top Model) completely confess that you want to do that as a profession.
Strange.
But well…I still watch it so what can I say.
It still is reality-TV at its best.

Freja or Sabina have to win the Swedish version.
The American one is always harder (and when I tried to find out the name for my guess I’m unwillingly stumbled across last nights looser…damn…I wanted to see the episode first!!) but I’ll go for Mollie Sue, right now.

Keep readin'.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "The Model" with Kraftwerk

Inga kommentarer: