onsdag, mars 08, 2006

"Independent Woman Part 1" with Destiny's Child

As a follow-up to yesterday’s blog, the bird flu virus reached my home town Karlskrona this morning. I really don’t know what to ad to that statement, but I guess it missed Melodifestivalen with about a week, and that this might be what FINALLY gets rid of the bloody chickens living at my parent’s neighbors (which totally sabotages my sleep when I’m visiting…the chickens that is…not the neighbors themselves) as my sister’s boyfriend cleverly mailed.

From chickens to something completely different – today is the national women’s day!
I will salute that with some celebrations of the women in my life (if you’re missing from the list, think you deserve to be on it, and read this blog – just use the talkback).

My mom (who might the one least worried about what happened to her this Saturday), my sis (who gets me up in the morning and forces me to the gym at 6.30 a.m. nowadays), Moa & Hilda (my two favorite party girlfriends), Ulrika (and I guess I can’t count Elsa as a women already…but she might be on of my favorite females anyway) & Kristin (the once who where thrown in for free when they got hooked up with my pals), Sanna (old friendship never dies), Nadine (the girl who always find herself alone with the gay guys), Lisa & Ulle (the girls who disappeared to be mums), Sara - who I earlier found out might be as depressed as I am today - & Eeva (fab colleagues), and many, many more like Jenny, Lena (schlager on Saturday!), Eva, Ida, Sara, Castro-Cattis… I guess I could go on forever.

OK. Love ya. Hip hip hurray to you girls! Or what do you say today? Burn your bras? Equal salary for equal work? Respect? Either way: Keep up the good work being you!

Keep readin’.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Independent Woman Part 1" with Destiny's Child

Inga kommentarer: