tisdag, mars 28, 2006

"Life of Riley" with The Lightening Seeds

Well this is supposed to be a blog about music, so here are the three songs that made my morning a little bit brighter when they turned up on my iPod:

"Love U More" with Steps – I never found out if this is a cover or not. I guess it is since they never released it as a single (and Steps released almost everything as singles), but it is still one of their best efforts. Beautiful and different.

"Life of Riley" with The Lightening Seeds – always reminds me of when I’ve just moved from that dreadful apartment in the city and out to Kålltorp and loved living by my self for the first time ever. I remember it was January when I got this song by F1, and that I was walking in a snowy Björkekärr and loved every bit of it. And despite the snow it always gives me feelings of spring.

"Hold that Sucker Down" with The O.T Quartet – The ultimate dance song. The ultimate gay anthem. Feels London and Cyberdog although it has no real connection, and of course it is always reminding me of "Queers as Folk" (the UK version) and me and Ulle-Gulle seeing these episodes over and over again on Kristinelundsgatan…and me and Lisa seeing all of them in one day forcing her to rush to a cab to catch a plane back to London since we HAD to see all the episodes before she went back.

There you go. Three tunes that lighten up my day. And then the one that turned up and brought me back to real life again:

"A Different Corner" with George Michael – Still one of the most beautiful ballads ever written. Still one of the saddest songs there is. Damn you, George!

By the way; tomorrow I think I will write something about Danish Eurovision entries... Got inspired by E-man commenting Carola and remembered "the song that never went away"...and soon there will be a new one. =)

Keep readin'.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Life of Riley" with The Lightening Seeds

Inga kommentarer: