söndag, juli 10, 2005

"Hymn to the Sea" by James Horner

After the lake fiasco yesterday, I thought that I should have a new try today and have a dip in the sea.

The sea outside Gothenburg is Kattegatt, a part of the North Sea, but the people born here at the west coast of Sweden are very, very, VERY eager to point out that this is THE ocean in opposite to the Baltic Sea at the east coast of Sweden (where I was born and raised), which they consider to be a small, filthy lake.

I have never understand why they have to point this out EVERY time I try to explain that I prefer the east coast since there are no jellyfishes there, the water isn’t that salt (so your skin stays a bit fresher), and since I prefer beaches and small bridges for rocks and great depths.

The people born here can’t understand that at all.
None of them.
They would never put their foots at the shore of a lake or at the beaches of the Baltic.
And if they buy a house they have to at least see the sea at winter with a pair of binoculars, otherwise they could just as well live in a flat.

So, if you plan to go to Gothenburg – do NOT make jokes about the ocean...
...and maybe not about Stockholm being the most beautiful city of Sweden (you might even avoid mentioning it is the capital).

And as for my little swim turn today it turned out to be just a smidge better than the one yesterday...but instead of ducks there where about 100 kids all over the place this time.
Next week I will travel to my hometown at the Baltic.
And I will (hopefully...please stay sunny) swim my legs off.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.


Song of Today: "Hymn to the Sea" by James Horner

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

;-)