torsdag, juli 07, 2005

"Panic (on the Streets of London)" with The Smiths

This is how I finished my blog yesterday:
"...it's her day to day...and in some way London's I guess..."

London had just got the 2012 Olympics, everyone was celebrating and all my colleagues and I were looking forward to our trip to London in early September.

Well. That was yesterday.
Today we’ve (once again) experienced terror in a major city in Europe – like Madrid last year - and innocent people have been killed.
Once again fear and disinformation is everywhere.
3 dead. 300 dead. Gas explosion. 5 blasted busses. 4 explosions. 180 casualties.
And so on. And so on.

The thing is that I thought I was starting to get a bit blasé...

When 9/11 occurred I was chocked and terrified, and well, I guess the whole world changed that day. I remember who told me (I got a mail from a colleague who is as afraid of flying that I am), I remember the first time I saw the pictures of the second plane crash into WTC, I remember who I talked to during that day, I remember the towers falling, and most of all that I was completely terrified and almost thought the world were coming to an end that beautiful (yapp, I remember the weather) September day.

But after that we’ve had so many terrorist attacks, or terrorist attacks warnings, or emergencies that were not terrorist attacks but everybody thought they were, or terrorist alarms, or terrorists hunts...
It like there’s nothing special about it now days. It is more like "when?" than "how?"

But London is special to me...
London is my number one destination for shopping, drinking beer, clubbing, do some more shopping... I adore that city.
So this hit me almost as hard as 9/11, even if the casualties (while I’m writing this) is much, much less.

As late as 10AM this morning I was watching the "Sport at Heart” video (with the song "Proud" with Heather Small and a lot of celebrities in different London areas) at the London2012 website, and was longing to be in my favourite city again...
...and now some of my colleagues ask me how they should do if the would like to skip the planned trip and cancel their flights, I’ve been listening to BBC Live online all day....and outside we have been hit by rain, thunder, and lightning after several days of almost tropical heat.

Yeah, I guess I will remember this day to.

Keep readin’
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today: "Panic (on the Streets of London)" with The Smiths

Inga kommentarer: