söndag, juli 31, 2005

"Party Girl" with U2

Yesterday I promised that I would tell you a bit more about the U2 concert...
...so here are a few highlights!

Vertigo (I)
There was a messages on the internet to wave with something white (against poverty), so 40-50.000 waving white things greets Bono and the band when they starts the concert…and it looks very cool from our seats.
I Will Follow
Simply one of my favourite U2-songs. Always fantastic live.
City of Blinding Lights
The big wall behind the stage (and the band) just explodes with light and movement in one of the two breathtaking moments of the evening. It is too hard to describe – you had to be there!
Love and Peace or Else
Usually a quite boring song, but they have a success when they put Larry Mullen in the middle of the audience and turns on the lightening system from heaven.
Where the Streets Have No Name
The biggest sing-along of the evening is also beautifully staged with all flags of Africa on the big wall and it is the best version I have ever heard from the band. Best song of the concert and a true memory.
One
Fantastic song, fantastic version, and when Bono ask everyone to use their mobile phones to "light up the stadium as a Christmas-tree" it might be one of the most astonished moments I have ever witnessed. Ullevi stadium simply looks like a gigantic concave disco-ball.
Zoo Station/The Fly
I missed the Zoo-TV tour, but here I get some nice replays. Cool.
With or Without You
Their most beautiful song. It is as simple as that.
Party Girl
What a surprise! I would never have thought they were going to play this one. They usually just do that in Dublin. Cool as hell, and an old after-ski favorite of mine from a ski-trip in 1993.

Vertigo (II)
This second version is electric and Bono counts it down I Swedish: Ett, två, tre – fjorton!

Thanks Fredrik for queuing and buying me a ticket!
Thanks Johan for the company and the VIP-party with free booze after!
Thanks U2 for another superb arena concert.

Please come back.
Soon.

And how do you pick a song of the day out of this…
…I guess I just take the most unexpected one!

Keep readin’.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new song.

Song of Today:
"Party Girl" with U2

Inga kommentarer: