måndag, juli 25, 2005

"I Will Follow" with U2

I guess this Monday won’t end up on my top-ten-list of fun and inspiring day in my life…not even this year or even this summer.
I guess you can say it has been one of the most boring days for a very long time.
You see, when I’m here visiting my parents I almost stops thinking for my self and just follow what other people do…

…so today I put myself with four other people in a Volvo and went for 1½ hour to visit “the ugliest mall I’ve ever seen” (that’s actually not a quote from me, it’s from my sisters boyfriend. He said that to me when nobody else heard him), at Färjestaden at Öland (of all places), ate “one of the worst kebabs I’ve ever had” (that’s my quote), went to one of the worst smelling public toilets I’ve been to (at least this year; also my quote), and sat another 1½ hour in the car on the way home.

This could have been a slightly nice thing (at least something else to do but hanging around the house for yet another day) if;


A) the rain hadn’t been pouring down all time as if it was November
B) the mall had contained ANY shop that also isn’t located in the mall 5 minutes from my parents house
C) I hadn’t felt sick for some unidentified reason half of the time

When three of my best friends (actually they might be “the three best friends” period) independent from each other called me on my mobile during the care ride, it seemed like I made contact with another planet…
…and you should know that one of them called me since he had injured his finger, another was driving a full-loaded car at 70km/h on a motorway and was frustrated as hell, and the third was so tired he could barely speak after a day of house-painting…
…even so it felt like I was talking to people on another planet on which you do things that is funny and where you enjoy yourself.

These calls really made my day. I love my friends. And I envy the people who are spending time with them right now, when I am just sitting here staring out on the autumn-like street.

But I guess I can’t blame anyone else but myself for this day…
I could have stayed at home reading, walking (hmmm, maybe not), watching telly or something.
But I was just following people without thinking again.
Like I did when I was 5. And 15. And 25.

(By the way; maybe I can blame something else but myself.
Maybe I can blame the weather! I blame it on the rain!!
That had been a nice song of the day if it hadn’t been “U2 week”.
But it is. So I pick another obvious choice.)


Keep readin’.
Tomorrow’s a new day and a new (U2) song.

Song of Today: "I Will Follow" with U2

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Tyckte nästan att du skulle slopat U2 låt och tagit Milli Vanillis mer passande låt....